Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Day is Done

The rush of the day is past and peace has settle at YLD. We have just a few overnight guests. They, too, have settled down. I hope they dream of chase games, falling leaves and fun times with their humans. We had a good day. Lots of energy was expended in good, clean fun.

My three have settled in for the night. Baxter has crammed himself into a little square bed. His head rests on the raised side. He looks warm and comfortable. At almost nine he deserves a good bed and peaceful sleep. My pseudo-puppy, Darwin, is sprawled at my feet. He is a master at passing gas and pretending someone else did it. A gas mask would be a good thing for me right about now. He is a pseudo-puppy because he is my youngest dog. He has grown into the largest of the three but I still sometimes see him as that small, black homeless puppy he was when we first met. My third is an inherited dog - Lady. She became mine when my mom passed this spring. Lady (or Ladybird for fun) has settled in well as dog number three. She is slimmer, toned, more playful and even joyous these days. Tonight Ladybird is curled up on the large square bed she prefers. All three will snooze while I finish writing or catching up on the myriad office tasks set before me.

May all rest well tonight. Peace.
Wendy

No comments: