Monday, November 17, 2008

Do you ever sing the blues on Monday? Things like - do I have to wake up already? it's going to be HOW cold today? do I have to go to work?


I'm glad I work with dogs. They are always glad to see Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday...because they live in the moment. They enjoy the experience. They don't worry about tomorrow because for them there is never a tomorrow - there is only NOW!



I've been thinking about stress since I wrote yesterday's entry. Maybe, if we humans could live more fully in the NOW instead of in tomorrow or yesterday, we'd feel less stressed. I know that a certain amount of stress is motivating. I'm not talking about that kind. I'm talking the mindless, "wind up my insides until they hurt" kind of stress. Maybe I should try each day to enjoy a few NOW moments - to savor a sunrise (since I'm up early), or enjoy a crunchy walk through fallen leaves, or a few warm, quiet moments snuggling with my canines. At least in those moments, my gut turning stress would lower and I'd find the joy of NOW.


Here are some photos.


Here's Jim. He is a natural furnace so even on the coldest day of the year he is warm. As you can see all the dogs love Jim. He was supervising the bottom group when this was taken. Surrounding him include Hefner, Simon, Estelle, Darwin, Miles, and Lady Bug. What a bunch!



















Here are Hennah, Bentley, Slider, Darwin and Bubba. It was early afternoon so the pack was still waking up from naptime. Only Hennah and Darwin look focused and wide awake!













Finally, here are Ginger and Wrigley (brother/sister) chewing on each other's faces! In the background are Moose and Jesse M. The black lab walking towards the camera is Jasmine and I believe that is Beulah the bulldog drinking water. What fun all around!

Well, enough ruminating for today. Have a NOW kind of evening.



Peace,
Wendy





















No comments: