Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Cold Weather

Good afternoon. The holiday is almost here and the weather feels like it. I hear it is colder today than it will be on Christmas Day. Go figure, huh? Anyway, I wanted to remind everyone that the photos will be updated each day during this holiday season. We have many boarders and I know when you all are away you want to see your babies! I'll do the best I can to get photos of everyone so please bear with me during the process.

Also, please remember this is a stressful season for you and your canine companion. If there is going to be company and you're busily cleaning, cooking and preparing, remember the dog may be more comfortable in his/her crate than in the chaos. Crates are blessings to dogs because it gives them a safe quiet place to relax. Do you have a safe quiet place to relax? I know I could use somewhere like that some days.

The other item I'd like to mention concerns poinsettias. Please remember to keep these very beautiful and decorative plants out of reach for your dog. The poinsettia and other household plants can be toxic in varying levels. Just a note of caution especially in light of the fact we may not be paying as much attention to our dogs while visitors are around as we normally would. An interesting website for further information is: http://www.ansci.cornell.edu/plants/dogs/index.html.

Have a great evening.

Peace,
Wendy

No comments: