Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring fever...

Although it's a bit chilly today it seems the warmer weather is on it's way! It's been a long cold winter and we're definitely ready for Spring. The good side of all this cold is hopefully lots of fleas, ticks and other insects were thinned out! That leads me to my first topic...flea and tick treatments. If you haven't been using a monthly during the winter, now is the time to start again. I personally use Adam's products and have for years. They seem to work well and I like the cost difference. There are also natural remedies that can be researched online. Garlic and rosemary are 2 things that can be added in very small doses to your dogs food to help. Please, as with anything you feed or put on your dog, do research beforehand!

Take advantage of any Spring sales at REI, Petco etc. It might be a good time to get your dog a backpack and other outdoors supplies. I love using a backpack for my dogs. It adds a job to our walk...mental stimulation and a sense of accomplishment for our pup goes a long way! Remember to start slow when adding a new pack, harness or other walking device. Email or call me and I'll help walk you through it.

Speaking of my email, I've had some problems getting and responding to you recently. As some of you know I'm a bit of a smartphone junkie and seem to swap phones frequently. I can't get my email address synched faithfully so I've decided to start a new account. My new address is
YLDMike@gmail.com
. I'll still have the old one when I'm at work for now. Please feel free to contact me anytime about training, questions or just to check on your dog while at daycare or boarding!

On to Our Big News!
Saturday May 15th from 11am to 2pm we will be hosting our 2nd Annual Open House/Playtime! For those of you that came last year we had a great time and hope to see you again. For those of you that missed it or weren't with us yet, you're in for a great time. We're opening our whole facility to you and a handful of wonderful vendors. We will again have owner supervised playtime in our larger bottom yard for qualified regular daycare visitors. (Our staff is off duty!)
Wendy and I will be giving brief talks about training, daycare and other topics. This year we will also be offering a catered BBQ Lunch! Please keep this date available!

I'll be posting again soon with the next training class start date.

Mike


YLDMike@gmail.com

No comments: