Friday, February 3, 2012

Ludlow...part 1 of our Valentine dogs of the month!


Ludlow-

1) my mom found me in Roseboro with breeder Jeff Barnhill ... My dog dad is Jeff's hunting dog - he's a black lab about 75 lbs ... He's very nice and when mama came to visit me, my dad liked her and sat on her feet to get petted ... My dog mom is a 55 lb chocolate lab, but she doesn't live with Jeff and my dog dad - but she stayed with them while me and my brothers and sisters were little.

My mom came to see me and my brothers and sisters when we were 4.5 weeks old ... She wanted a black female because that's what her last lab Midnight was ... But I won her heart over with my pretty eyes and curiosity ... As well as the fact that I would size things up before running in ... She fell in love with me and never looked back

2) We have 2 really good friends in our neighborhood - Lynn and Lucy ... We walk with them almost everyday ... Lucy didn't like me much at first - she didn't like my puppy energy - but now I've figured out that she's a lot smaller so I am more gentle ... She seems to like me better now but she still doesn't like to talk to me at school - I wonder when she will ... Anyway Lynn told mama about where Lucy goes to school and told Mama she should try it ... I used to go to a different daycare and I had some good friends there and it was fun ... But some of the teachers would make me go in the big dog area I didn't like ... There were big dogs in there that were mean to me .... I like my new school much better...

3) I like YLD because all the people are nice and they teach me good manners ... I like to learn ... I also like all the nice dogs at school - I love everybody and at YLD all the other dogs are nice too ... The teachers won't let dogs with bad manners stay and I like that.

4) favorite toy - that's a hard one ... I really love to chew my antler ... I also like when humans throw things - my favorite thing to go get is this kong with a rope but I'm really not picky - balls, sticks, squeaky toys - they are all good. Recently I like ripping squeaky toys and finding the squeaker and killing it - mom doesn't seem to like it when I start chewing things up though.

5) my fav place to visit is probably Lynn and Lucy's ... A close second is Umstead Park - I love to run on the trails there ... One time I saw these large animals that ran really fast when I chased them (they had longer legs than me) ... And one had my antlers on his head!

6) treats - again I'm not picky ... Food and chew things are all good with me! My fav chew thing is prob bully sticks though ... Or whatever Lucy has ... Sometimes when Lucy and I both chew something she takes both of them and guards them ... Then I bark to let Mama and Lynn know so they can help me - Lucy is very ferocious ...

7) I would be a trash/ recycling man ... It's my dream job! I'm practicing for it everyday.

8) my nickname is just 'low' or 'low low' ...

9) favorite place to walk is in the woods where I can be off leash and chase squirrels and sniff and run! I really like mama's parents house - they have lots of woods and a river! Mama throws sticks in the river and I chase them and swim and go get them.

10) a perfect day is like this past sat - mama and I woke up and went for a nice walk ... Then I had my breakfast and I hung out with her while she cooked ... Then she had a friend come over with his dog - a new friend I'd never met before - his name is Sea Bass and we had a LOT of fun! We went over to the fields and ran around and played ... Then mama and I went over to her friend Nicole's house - Nicole and her husband have 3 dogs and some cats and 2 boys (4 and 2) ... The cats don't like me much but I had fun hanging with the other dogs and playing with the boys - I like to give them kisses and it makes them laugh ... Then we came home and I had dinner and I was very, very tired - I slept all night

11) thanks for taking good care of me, teaching me new things, and loving me ... I'm very happy I come to YLD and get to meet new friends like Lola, Hennah, Luigi and many,many more ... I know I still have a lot to learn but I'm working on it!

No comments: