Saturday, October 8, 2011

traveling class

Today Janine and I met with Onslow, Koda, Kali, Juno, Gus and their parents at Umstead Park. We had a great class with lots of distractions and beautiful weather! I'm very proud of everyone...the humans did great which led to calm, happy and well mannered pups.I was very happy to see Ellie and her mom out for a walk in the park...its always awesome to see you guys outside of YLD. I think I was as excited as Ellie was :) We'll be meeting there again next week for another adventure and some more learning. What a great way to start the weekend!

I stopped by YLD for a few minutes to check on Jim and the pack. They had the music playing, doors open and everyone was enjoying the beautiful day!

I'm off to do a home visit now. We'll be working on introductions with new people and a puppy. The first thing ill teach is that intros should be done on neutral territory after a short walk. This removes stress, excitment and possesions from an anxious or young dogs mind. We need to help everyone involved speak the same language and be calm. Its all about the energy.

Have a great weekend everyone! Thank you all for everything...we are very grateful to be able to work with you and your pups!

A tired dog is a happy dog,
Mike

No comments: