Saturday, October 1, 2011

TWO Lucky Dogs!

Hi Dogblog Readers! Our staff has been planning lots of fun things in the last month, and one that we are all very excited to announce is that every month from now on we will have two featured Dogs of the Month! We know that our customers chat in the lobby and get to know which dog belongs with which human, and this will be a fun way that you can all get to know each other better:)

Our Dogs of the Month for October are Bailey the Cockapoo and Alix, a cute little yellow girl. We have interviewed each of them, so we hope you enjoy getting to know them!


This is Bailey! Bailey has been coming to YLD every weekday since the beginning of 2005...he is practically a staff member! Bailey is one of the first pups here every morning, and his best pal in the pack is Bubba. Bailey has the most beautiful eyes! He also would like everyone to know that he likes long walks on the beach and candlelit dinners;)



Bailey- How did you meet your mom?

My mommy came to the Wake County Animal Shelter. She took one look at me and her heart melted. We rescued each other.

What made you decide to come to You Lucky Dog?

My mommy wanted me to be surrounded by love in a wonderful, caring and clean environment. I have loved it here since 2005.

What is special about YLD that keeps you coming back?

I love my YLD family. They treat me as if I’m their own child. They love me and I love them. They are some of the most caring people I have ever met.

What is your favorite toy?

I don’t have a favorite. I like to play with all different types of toys. I also like to play

sock with my mother.

What is your favorite non-daycare place to visit?

I love to visit my grandma.

What is a treat you can’t resist?

I love many types of treats. I love it when mommy gives me chicken.


Isn't he CUTE?!


And this is Alix, but here at YLD we can't just call her Alix, we call her "ALLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIXXXXXX!", to which she responds "wooooowoooowooooooooooh!". We met Alix and her parents in 2009 and can't remember what daycare was like without her! Out in the pack, Alix is known for laying on her back with all fours up in the air and her tail wagging...for large portions of the day! She will play with any dog that comes over for a visit!


Alix, how did you meet your dad and Mom?

I used my girlish charm on Pet Finder.com by lowering just my left year to attract their attention… gets them every time. So much so, that on a rainy Sunday they drove to an abandoned gas station on the border of South Carolina to pick me up from a rescue organization. And I WAS WORTH IT!

What made you decide to come to You Lucky Dog?

I wanted to be with other (polite) dogs where I could run and play outdoors all day; or inside when it’s not pleasant outside.

What is special about YLD that keeps you coming back?

It’s the staff, the positive energy, and love of dogs. While I’m ALWAYS perfect, they keep the bad actors inline. I also have a crush on YLD’s Alpha (& he’s not a dog)

What is a treat you cannot resist?

While I am a Southern Bell I have to admit I LOVE Pork Rinds. The crunch...the taste…sooo good.


What is your idea of a perfect day?

BIG stretch, eat, sniff, potty, sniff, walks, sniff, nap…repeat as necessary.

Is there anything else you would like to add?

Yes….I wanted my own Facebook page but my owners won’t allow it.

Thanks for reading:) Woof! Mindy



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work... Lu is excited to get started there!